Monday, March 30, 2009

DADDY TOO!!!

One of the many phrases that Edric learned recently is "_______ too!" where blank could be Momma, Daddy or Edric and other times his toys. We've used it quite a few times already. Like when we wanted him to eat something and he was hesitant, Daddy would take it first then we say, 'Momma too!', then 'Edric too!', by then he would take it with better confidence. Sometimes he uses it when he wants to share something to others. Then one night he used it unexpectedly in a way I never thought he would. It actually happend last month.

Presentation below was inspired from tonight when I was reading him a couple of books before putting him to bed; "I'm Glad I'm Me (Poems about you)" by Jack Prelutsky and "Bambi Gets Lost" (a special adaptation of the Disney Classic). Both books were of poem/rhyme format. I was reading them to Edric and next thing I knew, it shifted me to rhyming mode. So here I go again...

There I was, playing with Edric, having fun one night
Spending time with him is always pure delight.
We read, we sang, we laughed, and we did play
When I attempted to leave, he would plead, "Daddy, stay."
Then after awhile, there came a smell
The kind that's from his bottom, you can surely tell.
And so I picked up a fresh diaper and called to my boy,
"C'mon Edric, time for a change, you may put down your toy."
He then came running with sweet innocence, oh so true
He grabbed the diaper from my hand, fitted on me and said, "DADDY TOO!!"

5 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

very funny! I love it!

Crafty Ruth said...

like it. u write it so well. ha ha ha i'm done with those diapers.

Our Blog said...

ok, you're hilarious! :)

Rachelle said...

Oh My Word! That was so funny! Thanks for the laugh...hahahaha

ging said...

yeah! right mer daddy too! y not? hahaha!!!!! so funny...